about 1 month ago
Senior Finance Business Partner
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £64k per annum
Working Style: Hybrid/remote working
Our public sector client is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
- This role is responsible for delivering all aspects of financial advice across functions to ensure the provision of comprehensive support to all levels of management and Members. Ensuring pro-active and innovative guidance across the breadth of finance functions and supporting complex projects is an integral part of the role.
- As a strategic leader, will build strong relationships with internal and external partners and actively contributing to a broad range of senior management forums. As a financial expert will use their depth of knowledge and understanding of key services to ensure robust long term financial planning.
- Influencing politicians, directors and stakeholders to ensure decisions are made in the knowledge of their financial impact on the business. Driving improvements to achieve greater efficiency and plans to reduce costs balanced with the need to provide high quality strategic advice and direction within the context of adherence to financial policies and practices.
- Responsible for analysis and assessment of financial assets and liabilities, highlighting the operational priorities and presenting options to executive & political bodies to drive out inefficiency in the pursuit of strategic objectives. Empower and support key stakeholders to maximise sustainable external funding
- Accountable for all financial aspects of medium term business planning, advising Directors, Politicians and Stakeholders on strategic financial performance management, pricing and investment analysis
- Lead on the provision of insightful long term predictive analytics, optimising financial modelling and commercial acumen to support business development and income improvements across the organisation.
- Drive the delivery of complex cross organisation projects, influencing strategies to ensure commercial considerations drive transparent and robust, evidence-based decision making. This includes the provision of detailed analysis and interpretation of financial and performance data.
- Work collaboratively with other business partners and management accountants in the development and review of financial policy and 3-year business plans ensuring they reflect strategic objectives and promote continuous improvement
- Influence the drive for delivery of value for money services, evidenced by benchmarked cost driver comparators to analyse trends, identify efficiencies and lever performance improvements.
- Support the timely preparation of complex business cases outlining associated costs, benefits, risks and funding solutions whilst being solely accountable for the financial implications.
- Lead financial impact assessments relating to changes in legislation, service initiatives or formal partnership arrangements.
- Be a sector leader for finance, networked with best in class peers and embed new skills & learning to drive performance improvements.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with minimum of 2 years post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development .
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Essential evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long term delivery of large scale services.
- Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practice within the business.
If this sounds of a good match please apply or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.