City of London
Up to £700 per day
27 days ago
Senior DevOps Engineer
Contract, 6-month (Inside IR35)
Up to £700 per day
Sponsorship - Not Available
The position is to be fulfilled in the RISK function of the group, more precisely in RISK Global Services. The Risk Systems team is part of RISK Global Services, whose mission includes providing the company with a comprehensive capital markets RISK Systems used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced method internal models validated by the regulator and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process.
The role is for a position within the Risk Systems DevOps team based in London.
Applications within RISK Systems are currently based on a technology stack composed of big data solutions, data grids, compute grids, REST based architectures, GPU, Column Stored SQL Database, No-SQL Database, GPU. The team also uses latest development practices such as Continuous Delivery to reduce time taken from development to delivery into production.
The candidate should have expert level knowledge about Continuous Delivery, Behaviour Driven Development, Testing strategies and related tools. A working knowledge of Spring and REST services is also desirable. The solution is high performance so the candidate should also have experience working with distributed systems and architectures such as Oracle Coherence, Apache Cassandra, Platform Symphony, use of Cloud Providers (namely IBM Cloud). The candidate is expected to work in a busy, agile environment with a strong emphasis on Continuous Delivery.
An architecture transformation strategy is taking place to develop Native Cloud Applications with a technology stack based on Micro-Service Architecture, API, Docker, Kubernetes…
The successful candidate will have enthusiasm for learning and working closely with the rest of development team and be flexible enough to switch between smaller and larger scale enhancements if required.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the role of a DevOps Engineer follows:
· Previous experience as a DevOps specialist including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
· Configuration management tool experience (Puppet/Ansible)
· Scripting experience in languages to automate tasks (Perl, Python, Bash)
· Experience setting up logging and monitoring for applications and infrastructure (Splunk, ELK, Dynatrace, Geneos…)
· Experience with source-code management tools (Bitbucket/Git)
· Knowledge of continuous integration tools (TeamCity, Maven, Artifactory, NuGet, …)
· Hands-on experience with containerization of applications (Docker) and deployment into production environments (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, Rancher or similar)
· Very strong verbal and written communication skills, team spirit, fast learner, enjoys steep learning curves
· Expert level on Continuous Delivery, BDD and Testing Strategies.
· Knowledge on build, deployment and testing tools (Bitbucket/Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, JBehave).
· Java and C# knowledge including hands on experience with Spring and REST.
· Distributed Systems (Oracle Coherence, Apache Cassandra, IBM Spectrum Symphony).
· An appreciation of distributed systems techniques.
If you are interested in the role, please get in contact with me and apply!
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.