£70000 - £85000 per annum + & package
20 days ago
**£70k - £85k per annum (+ package)**
**SPONSORSHIP - NOT AVAILABLE**
**Hybrid working - home/office split**
A Fortune 500 company based in Central London.
You will be working as part of Market Valuation and Risk Management (MVRM) Technology area inside Risk, Finance, and Treasury. MVRM systems enables the bank's risk functions and trading businesses to calculate, generate, analyse, and report on major risk and capital metrics to our regulators.
Our strategic platform is a complete solution for Risk and Capital Metric Management, consisting of a scalable full-revaluation calculation engine with 50k cores, a multi petabyte-scale Big Data analytics platform, and low-latency in-memory distributed grid reporting technologies. The platform is used by multiple domains/clients and demand is forecasted to grow significantly in next 5 years.
Our technology stack includes Java, C, C++, PostGres, OracleDB, Lua, Python, Scala, and Spark plus other off-the-shelf products integrated into one platform.
- Collaborating with Product Managers, user experience designers and functional analysts to understand new system, user-facing desktop, and mobile features
- Building the required features as a member of an agile feature team
- Helping maintain code quality via code reviews
- Helping to create and present designs and solutions as required
- Cooperating with our quality assurance team to ensure the quality of all changes to the platform
- Educated to bachelor's degree level (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics preferred) or equivalent qualification/work experience
- Good knowledge of Spark, Hive, HDFS and good standard of Python programming
- Knowledge of UNIX-like OS (Operating Systems) and shell, git, SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle tooling) and in-depth knowledge of SQL and one RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
- Strong hands-on delivery track record and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Systems Programming and Cloud experience, particularly Google is an advantage
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.