7 days ago
FTC 10 months
Learning and Development Consultant
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £44,165 per annum
Working Style: hybrid
Closing Date: 26th June 2022
Please note this is a fixed term contract opportunity covering maternity leave for a period of 10 months.
what we do impacts the lives of over 1.4 million people. From the safety of children to the independent lives of older residents, and from boosting quality of life through public health to the lasting regeneration of proud towns and cities - everything we do takes a pioneering and agile approach. Our People and Transformation (P&T) teams are working to ensure that innovation and learning take centre stage.
We have embarked in a very ambitious program to redefine our new normal, identifying what ways of working we want to put in place and how we can use what we have learned during this past year. Our new hybrid working model is emerging, together with what we will need to successfully implement it (property, technology, culture and change, capabilities…). To allow us to properly support this program we are increasing our capacity in some critical areas.
Collaborating with the Head of Organisation Development & Talent Management, and a variety of colleagues across People and Transformation, you'll help to deliver real transformation across the organisation, building new capability and embracing new ways of working. Ambitious people really fit in here so if you are a talented Learning Development Consultant, we want to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis
- Act as an internal consultant providing expert advice, supporting and challenging where needed, to foster a high-performing culture where experiential, digital and virtual learning are the norm.
- Implement a meaningful programme of people development and self-directed learning activities that improve organisation-wide capability.
- Satisfy your own thirst for knowledge, by exploring new interventions for learning and content creation for a shared learning approach across the Council.
You'll do great here if you
- Have a strong understanding of leading-edge learning and development theories and methods, and the ability to apply them in a large, complex organisation.
- Have the ability to work with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders, can influence thinking and secure collaboration.
- Are ambitious & curious with a proven commitment to your own professional development - leading by example in a learning-focussed organisation.
- Have experience of planning, delivering and evaluating learning and development interventions.
- Are educated to RQF level 6 (Bachelor's degree) or equivalent by relevant experience
If this role sounds of a good match please apply or contact me directly at email@example.com.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.