£90000 - £110000.00 per annum
13 days ago
Go Developer (Data)
This role will form part of the Data and Platform Engineering team for a leading options market maker. This role will work predominantly on complex internal platform and data projects, engaging from Proof of Concept stages through to implementation of complex solutions. You will work collaboratively to optimize platform performance, develop reference architectures, build data ingestion pipelines and develop applications for data processing.
Skills and Experience required
* Experience designing and deploying low latency streaming data pipelines in Golang
* Experience in data engineering, Dev/Ops and architecting large scale storage, data centre and /or globally distributed solutions
* Ability to understand and translate internal customer requirements into technical requirements
* Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source, the Linux kernel and kernel module
* Understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
* Skills include Data Engineering, Kafka, Kubernetes/Docker and Network Config
* Languages include Golang (core) and Python
* Frameworks include Spark (Scala/Python)
* Tools include Jenkins, Gitlab, Artifactory
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.