15 days ago
Financial Services Manager
£56,296 per annum
Public Sector Client
Location - Ripley, Derbyshire
You will have five staff reporting to you in the Accountancy Section and five staff in the Exchequer Section four of whom report to a line manager.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POST:
- To have responsibility for the Accountancy Business Unit including the preparation of the annual budgets and financial statements, the provision of financial management information, treasury management activities, budgetary control and financial advice to officers and elected members.
- To have responsibility for the Exchequer Business Unit including the payment of employees, creditors, debtors, income management and the arranging of the Council's Insurance portfolio.
- To act as the Council's Deputy Section 151 Officer in the absence of the Chief Financial Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The preparation of the General Fund Revenue Budget
- The preparation of the Capital Programme
- Submission of grant claims and government returns
- The preparation of the Financial Statements
- Take responsibility for the daily cash and banking reconciliations as a key financial control.
- To assist Management Team with the compilation of the annual Corporate Plan
- Provision of management accounting information to Business Unit Managers to assist in with financial management and budgetary control
- Assessment of the financial implications arising from new initiatives, policy changes and service reviews
- Management responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive, high quality accounting services covering the specific areas of: Collection Fund Accounting, VAT, Insurance Management, Banking and Reconciliations, Treasury Management and Income Management.
- Preparation of ten-year budget forecasts and assist the Chief Financial Officer with the formulation of the Council's Medium-term Financial Plan
- Formulation of the Council's Treasury Management Strategy
- Financial administration of external funding projects and partnership schemes
- To provide professional advice and support to Members, attending and reporting to meetings and briefings as appropriate.
- To support both Executive Directors in working closely with Elected Members to ensure that the Council's objectives are promoted and implemented through developing appropriate strategies, policies and plans and translating these into effective action.
- Responsibility for the authorisation of various transactions and documents, including treasury management, banking, VAT returns etc. in accordance with approved regulations, strategies and proper accounting practices.
- Make appropriate arrangements for assessing the financial suitability of external organisations e.g. procurement purposes.
- Provide financial advice to the Management Team, Heads of Service, officers, and Members as required.
- Deliver finance training sessions to Members and officers as required.
- Communicate effectively changes in working practices, decision-making and work processing requirements.
If this sounds of a match please apply below or email me directly at email@example.com.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.