PENSION, 4% FLEX BONUS, HOLS
20 days ago
Big Data Software Engineer
Flexible working patterns
London - We are happy with home working the majority of the time, however you will need to be in office at least 1-2 days per week under your own cost.
Salary & Benefits: competitive annual salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices flexibility to suit your lifestyle and ensure a good work-life balance.
Our Financial client are rapidly transforming into a Digitally-led business on a substantial scale in order that we can better serve our millions of customers. This is a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join. We're looking for a Big Data Software Engineer to join the Digital Engagement Lab, part of the Consumer Servicing Value-Stream.
What will I focus on in this role?
You'll play a key role in driving Big Data software solutions into production. You would aim to deliver exciting customer driven solutions whilst reducing risk by implementing the right level of engineering artefacts through Agile testing, with an "Automation first" approach in every phase of the software delivery process that aids speed to market and better quality.
Specific activities which you'll be responsible for include things like;
- As a Software engineer you'll deliver the highest quality data processing and analytical systems, drawing upon your engineering and coding expertise, whilst being open minded to the opportunities the cloud provides.
- You'll understand key business and lab priorities, deliver code, facilitate solution designs and identify potential technical impediments then work to resolve them.
- We're keen on automation, so we would like to see you "mastering the art of laziness" to implement automation wherever suitable and advantageous to do so.
We're a huge organisation with lots of moving parts, sophisticated systems, processes and procedures, so you should be comfortable with ambiguity and have experience of delivery in both traditional fast path Waterfall and Agile methods.
What do we need to see from applicants?
We like people who come from diverse industry backgrounds, although a solid background of high volume and high data is preferable.
- Experience of Big Data Systems e.g. Large scale Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Hbase, Hive, Kafka
- Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and standard methodologies that exist across the wider Test community
- Experience working at a mid-senior level within another software engineering or modern quality testing role.
- Good knowledge of the full test lifecycle.
- This is wholly hands on role and you'll require Big Data experience within Hadoop technologies and specific prior experience of Java or Scala. We also use HiveQL and Pig so experience of these would be a bonus.
- It would also be nice to have experience of Machine Learning, Data Modelling, Python and Java.
- Experience of Cloud Technologies e.g. GCP
If this role sounds of interest please apply below or send your cv to me at email@example.com.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.