22 days ago
* Collaborate with data sourcing and commercial management, compliance, data science engineers, research, portfolio management, operations and technology to understand investment needs and manage the on-boarding process of new diverse data sets.
* Perform thorough data vendor comparison analysis covering data integrity, coverage and aggregation methodologies. * Analysis and evaluation of datasets to assist investment teams with finding alpha signals
* Develop large-scale data analytic capabilities to extract insights from structured and unstructured data
. * Build automated processes for reviewing and analysing diverse sets of information
* Support the analytical needs of investment teams inclusive of cleansing, mapping, statistical inferences, feature engineering and the bespoke data visualisation methods required by each project.
* Contribute towards building a robust data pipeline; including performing data analytics, building data dashboards and implementing an optimised on-going data management process.
* Curate and present relevant research and technical documentation to build and maintain an updated, accurate and accessible knowledge store.
* Ensure that vendors are actively engaged with the business requirements and provide a continuous feedback loop between investment units and vendors.
* Contribute to initiatives across the Data Science group to expand and improve the firm's data ecosystem.
* Conduct industry research to identify new initiatives in financial markets, market data and alternative data.
* Strong academic record and higher education degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics or another disciplines involving technical and quantitative analysis techniques. * Proven experience and fluency with data analysis techniques in SQL and an object oriented language, preferably Python, along with relevant libraries e.g. NumPy/SciPy/Pandas.
* Previous experience with reporting and visualisation, preferably using python, and creating technical solutions for operation and data related tasks/processes.
* Working knowledge of Mongo DB, Linux / UNIX, Git, Jira is preferable.
* Demonstrate evidence of strong analytical and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Financial industry experience preferred.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Self-organised with the ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects and with competing business demands and priorities
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.