£110000 - £120000 per annum
6 days ago
Up to £130,000
Sponsorship - Available
This organisation is expanding its consumer business by launching a new digital bank in the UK. Consumers will be introduced to a completely new banking choice when we launch in the coming months.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
For this role, your technical skills should include:
- Academic qualification in a computer science or STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) related field or the foreign equivalent
- Professional experience working in an agile, dynamic and customer facing environment
- At least recent hands-on professional experience (actively coding) working as a back-end software engineer or data engineer
- Extensive experience with using a JVM language (Java/Scala/Kotlin, preferably Java 8+) or extensive knowledge of Python
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and web technologies
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of (distributed and non-distributed) data structures, caching concepts, CAP theorem
- Understanding of data streaming and messaging frameworks (Kafka, Spark Structured Streaming, Flink, etc.)
- Understanding of Spark framework and it's deployment
- Experience with SQL (any dialect)
- Experience with containers and container-based deployment environment (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in the all stages of software development lifecycle (requirements, design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, release and support)
- Desired - experience with a scheduling system (Airflow, Azkaban, etc.)
- Desired - understanding of security frameworks / standards
- Desired - understanding of distributed tracing and monitoring (Zipkin, OpenTracing, Prometheus, ELK stack, Micrometer metrics, etc.)
- Desired - experience in automating deployment, releases and testing in continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines
- A solid approach to writing unit level tests using mocking frameworks, as well as automating component, integration and end-to-end tests
Our cultural values
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- Ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team
- Technically curious, self-motivated, versatile and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.