Up to £95000.00 per annum
16 days ago
**Up to £95K per annum (+ package)**
**SPONSORSHIP - AVAILABLE**
**Hybrid working - home/office split**
In this role, the candidate will form part of a centralized data architecture function. This is a hands-on role in helping to create various types of software to consolidate, normalize, unify, and track data from disparate upstream vendors and create a data platform for all downstream data applications. The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in data, modelling data (No-SQL, relational and dimensional) and in building cloud-based applications to help with various aspects of data management.
- Provide analytical support using SQL to measure KPIs or perform ad-hoc data exploration for business LoBs
- Gain familiarity with a variety of data sources including both event-stream data and tabular, relational data
- Help the LOB stakeholders innovate through data-driven decisioning by querying data and merging information from diverse data sources to create rich datasets that enable better decision-making
- Create a consolidated data model merging the various data sources ingested by the platform. This will involve creating a dimensional model.
- Work with other Analytics teams and multi-task on projects to summarize and synthesize data in a clear and logical manner
- Identify unexplored data opportunities for the business to unlock and maximize the potential of digital data within the organization
- Support ongoing technology evaluation process and proof of concept projects
- Create cloud-based applications to facilitate various aspects of data management (e.g. reference data management, master data management, data lineage).
- Technical expertise in creating Dimensional Data Models and database design
- Experienced in ELT/ETL processes, reconciliations, data pipelines creation and implementation
- Intermediate level experience of Python
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases utilizing SQL to pull and summarize large datasets, report creation and ad-hoc analyses
- Knowledge of modern MPP databases and big-data (Hadoop) concepts
- Some SQL experience and ELT tooling experience like DBT or similar.
- Experience in agile reporting development and ability to interpret unstructured data and draw objective inferences given known limitations of the data
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond raw data and to understand the underlying business context and sense business opportunities hidden in data
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.