£10000 - £75000 per annum
14 days ago
In this role, the candidate will form part of a centralized data architecture function. This is a hands-on role in helping to create various types of software to consolidate, normalize, unify, and track data from disparate upstream vendors and create a data platform for all downstream data applications for this large Financial Services Client.
The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in data, modelling data (No-SQL, relational and dimensional) and in building cloud-based applications to help with various aspects of data management.
- Provide analytical support using SQL to measure KPIs or perform ad-hoc data exploration
- Gain familiarity with a variety of data sources including both event-stream data and tabular, relational data
- Innovate through data-driven decisioning by querying data and merging information from diverse data sources to create rich datasets that enable better decision-making
- Create a consolidated data model merging the various data sources ingested by the platform. This will involve creating a dimensional model.
- Create cloud-based applications to facilitate various aspects of data management (e.g. reference data management, master data management, data lineage).
Key skills and Experience
- Technical expertise in creating Dimensional Data Models and database design
- Experienced in ELT/ETL processes, reconciliations, data pipelines creation and implementation
- SQL experience and ELT tooling experience like DBT or similar.
- Experience of Python
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with relational & non-relational databases utilizing SQL to pull and summarize large datasets, report creation and ad-hoc analyses
- Experience in agile reporting development and ability to interpret unstructured data and draw objective inferences given known limitations of the data
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.