£70000 - £100000 per annum
29 days ago
Finance Business Data Architect
As a Finance Business Data Architect you'll be responsible for analysis, design & oversight elements of specific initiatives within the broader finance transformation program. You'll be ensuring outcomes align with finance architecture strategy. Your role will be varied, depending on the initiative & the stage in the project life cycle, this includes data analysis, process assessment, future state operating model/process design, promoting best practice design concepts & solutions.
You'll be working with one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
* Working with Regulatory Reporting and Risk FTCs to understand and document current and target data flows and processes
* Being responsible for analysing data to support data sourcing design
* Translating business requirements into user stories or functional design specifications to support technology development of RDH, data and process change
* Being responsible for preparing topics for review with Finance, Project & Technology stakeholders
* This role will give you exposure to the forefront of finance change, and experience across the breadth of Finance and Barclays
* Documenting elements in support of data taxonomy, reference data and calculations
* Design test plans and operational change controls
* Support testing execution and reporting
What we're looking for:
* Financial services experience, within retail and/or investment banking
* Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting (e.g. COREP, BASEL, Pillar 3), Finance process, system and technologies
* Appreciation of data principles, including data modelling and data design
* Experience of finance transformation programs and/or system implementation programs
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Excellent PowerPoint skills
* Exceptional data manipulation skills including Excel and experience using one or more data manipulation tools (e.g. Qlikview, Business Objects, Lumira, Smart View, Hive, Python, SQL, SAS)
* A range of written and verbal communication skills, including influencing and negotiating with a broad set of stakeholders, often with conflicting priorities
* Finance process experience relevant to the Finance regulatory reporting role (e.g. COREP, Pillar 3 etc.) , details are available through the resourcing team
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.