19 days ago
Cloud Systems Developer - AWS
Cloud Systems Developer - AWS
Permanent - annual salary
Our client is the leading multi-cloud services provider and their mission is to help companies navigate their unique journeys to the cloud and build new foundations for future growth.
They are a team of multi-cloud natives with certifications across AWS, GCP and Azure. The businesses that they work with adopt cutting-edge technologies to solve challenges and create new opportunities. Working exclusively on public cloud, they deliver unrivalled value for more than 1000 enterprise clients globally.
What will your role be?
The role of cloud Systems Developer is to deliver technical solutions using cutting edge technologies and industry best practices to implement cloud platforms for their customers.
The Cloud Systems Developer promotes the use of automation to solve technical challenges, striving to create elegant, reliable, performance and cost-effective solutions as part of the project deliverables.
The primary focus of a Cloud Systems Developer is the automated deployment & configuration of infrastructure and the tools used to build that infrastructure. You may focus on one Cloud Platform e.g. AWS, or may also have an interest in being Multi-Cloud.
- ASSIST: Technical Delivery - successfully deliver multiple projects of various types across different customers or environments. Successfully implement enterprise solutions in the cloud using a vast range of cloud technologies.
- EDUCATE: Stakeholder Management - guide and influence customer stakeholders. Challenge client expectations and project scope where needed. Be aware of the customers political landscape beyond the technology, clarify and communicates customer objectives internally
- ENGAGE: Take a pro-active role in project delivering, supporting more junior members of the team and participating in interviews
- DOCUMENT: Create the relevant project documentation for delivery. Develop technical documents for knowledge sharing.
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT: Identifying potential opportunities for improvement, regular communicating progress with internal and external stakeholders
- COLLABORATE: Push back bad code and pickup code of peers, enhance and optimise with explanation. Practice and evangelise best coding practice.
- You will bring cross-domain expertise, covering a mix of many of the following areas:
- AWS - IaaS, Boto3, DevOps
- Serverless Computing - Lambda, Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/EKS), Kinesis, API Gateway
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS SAM
- Networking & Security - RBAC/ABAC, Troubleshooting, Scanning, Encryption, AWS ControlTower, SSO (AWS SSO, Okta), AWS Cognito, AWS Transit Gateway
- Sysadmin Skills - Windows, Linux, Active Directory, Patching, Backup, Monitoring
- CI/CD - Pipelines, Tooling, Testing, Git Deployment Models, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline
- Coding - Python, Bash, Powershell, NodeJs, Go
- Config Management - Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS SSM
- You have worked with a variety of customers (internal/external) on a number of projects in a consultative nature.
- Stakeholder Management - You have guided and/or influenced customer stakeholders
- You have a keen interest in emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data, Virtual Reality etc.
If this sounds of a good match please apply below or contact me directly at email@example.com.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.